Sunday, September 30, 2012

Product Review: MeMeMe Boho Balm

Hi lovelies!

I don't know what it is about spring but it really puts a bit of..well, spring, in my step!

I'm loving the warmer weather (aside from this weekend's hail and rain), sunshine and the bright colour everywhere. I've already changed my look by incorporating a lot more colour in my makeup, accessories and wardrobe. I think the warmer spring and summer months are the perfect time to indulge in low maintenance, breezy beauty, like tinted moisturiser, a hint of creamy colour on the lips and cheeks, and tousled waves and updos.

That's why I was really thrilled to see that MeMeMe Cosmetics had brought out a new, dual-coloured lip and cheek colour called the Boho Balm. They were designed to be the perfect festival accompaniment, which I can totally picture as each gorgeously designed and compact tin contains two beautiful colours perfect for touching up your lip and cheek colour while on the go! On a separate note, this has actually got to be the first time I've seen a cream blush packaged in a tin, instead of a plastic compact!

MeMeMe Boho Balm. How gorgeous is this little tin?! 

For those of you who are new to the brand, MeMeMe Cosmetics is actually a UK based brand, which was launched in Australia last year by Aesthetic Industries. There are two duos in this range, one called Coral Taupe while the other is called Pink Rouge. I was lucky enough to receive Pink Rouge to try, which contains both a candy pink and a coral pink shade. Each tin contains a whopping 11 g of product, yet fits easily into the palm of your hand.

The back of the tin.

I tried it out and found that the candy pink shade was quite subtle, while the deeper coral pink was quite pigmented. Both shades also appeared really lovely when mixed together. My favourite way of wearing this is to dab a bit onto the apples of my cheeks with fingers after applying my foundation (I find the warmth of my skin helps cream blushes to blend better), and then using either a lip brush or my ring finger to dab some onto my lips. While creamy enough to blend easily on cheeks, it's also quite light on the lips and very comfortable to wear (take that from someone who has chronically dry lips). The Boho Balm also has quite good wear, as it left me with a gorgeous, natural flush on my cheeks for at least 8 hours, and lasted well on the lips for up to three hours before needing reapplication, leaving a slight stain behind after fading.

For added longevity on cheeks, buff it in with a stippling brush and set it with a powder blush of a similar shade, and you can add longevity on lips by filling your lips in with a lipliner before pressing the Boho Balm on top. You can also choose to wear it under your tinted moisturiser or foundation for a more natural flush of colour.

Let's take a look at some photos, shall we?

Boho Balm - Pink Rouge. Fits easily in the palm of your hand!

The shades in the tin.

L-R: The coral pink, the candy pink, and both shades mixed together
(in direct sunlight).

L-R: The coral pink, the candy pink, and both shades mixed together
(under artificial lighting).

I wore the Pink Rouge Boho Balm over a liquid foundation, with a wash of gold shadow across my eyelids, and blended the stronger shade over the apples of my cheeks. I then pressed a little of the paler shade over my cheekbones and blended it together. I also wore both shades mixed together on my lips.



Pros:
You get two gorgeous shades in each compact and pretty tin.
The colours are creamy enough to blend effortlessly and quite moisturising on lips.
Fairly affordable at $18.95 although they are currently on sale for $13.95 (run, don't walk)!
Creamy and non-sticky formula (your hair won't get stuck to your lips, winner)!
Matte, non-glossy appearance on lips, yet gives cheeks a dewy flush.

Cons:
I do wish the container was a little shallower and wider, I'm worried about getting product under my fingernails after having used it for a while.
It might not be suitable for you if you like using powder foundations. I find it works best with liquid or cream foundations.
I wish there was a divider between the two shades, I'm worried about it becoming a mess after being used for a while.
The candy pink shade might disappear on some skin tones.

I just want to quickly mention that I read some reviews about this product stating that it was really sticky, but from using it several times, I have not found it to be sticky at all. In short, lovelies, this is the perfect product to buy if you're looking for a fresh faced glow, although it is versatile enough that you can build it up for a more pigmented look.

You can purchase the Boho Balm from MeMeMe's website (click here). If you sign up to their newsletter, you will also receive 20% off your next order. I can safely say that I have fallen in love with this product and I'm definitely going to be adding more items to my wishlist, starting with their pretty nail polishes!

Are you a fan of cream blushes, lovelies? Have you tried any of MeMeMe's products?

Much love,
MM.
x


Note: This product was kindly provided for my consideration. This has not affected my opinion in any way. For more information, please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

16 comments:

  1. Great review yet again. That packaging is absolutely gorgeous and the colours perfect for most skin colours. I haven't tried MeMeMe products before but will definitely check the website out on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Kate, you're such a sweetie. :)

      I love the packaging, it's so pretty! Definitely check it out, they have some great products that are very similar to Benefit. :)

      Delete
  2. The colours look gorgeous. Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything from them but I would like to try their dupes of the benefit boxed powders :) I like how products like this can be used on the lips and cheeks for a kind of matching effect!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, definitely, their blushes look amazing. I'm a big fan of multitasking products! xx

      Delete
  4. I need a cream blush! I don't like the one I'm currently using. It's not pigmented enough and fades in like an hour. I might consider this one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you currently using? This one has excellent staying power on me, but my problem areas are usually my eyelids or my t-zone!

      Also have a look at the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, such pretty shades. :)

      Delete
  5. This looks really pretty; I'm glad you had a good experience with MeMeMe! (I had an allergic reaction to another of their lip tints so I am not keen on trying more from their range!) I can see what you mean about getting product under your nails when it's in this kind of packaging! Ps. Nice to "meet" you via the Twitter chat yesterday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, such a shame! :(

      I know what you mean, I'd be worried about trying anything else from the range if something had given me an allergic reaction. :(

      It was so lovely meeting you too!

      xx

      Delete
  6. I am loving Cream Blushes at the moment, they are perfect for the warmer weather. I'll have to check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little tin and the colour looks natural on you. I like bright colours too at the moment, I always used to wear black but with this season's rainbow palette it's hard not to get excited over a bit of lime or coral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable! I know what you mean, I still wear a lot of black but then it makes it easy to play up the eyes, nails or lips with a bit of colour. ;)

      Delete
  8. This looks really pretty! I love cream blushes (especially for spring and summer!) I just find them so much more natural then powder ones although that's not to say I don't love my Bourjois Little Round Pot Blushes!! I haven't tried Me Me Me cosmetics yet must get around to it there products look like great dupes for benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Post love saw it on the MeMeMe page :) I just followed you :)

    Let me know what you think if my blogee if you have a minute :)

    toodollymakeup.blogspot.ie :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...