Sunday, June 24, 2012

NOTD - OPI Spark de Triomphe

Hi lovelies,

I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend...alas, the weekend is over all too soon and it's back to the grindstone in a few measly hours.

Today I have an NOTD that I've been meaning to show you all for a while, and that's OPI Spark de Triomphe. This is a colour I've been in love with for a while, it somehow flatters almost every skin tone! This polish was part of the Serena Williams Grand Slam range and I believe it's been discontinued, but I did manage to find it on sale online and snapped it up quickly! If you're keen on it, have a look online because it's really a very stunning polish. I got lots of compliments when wearing this.

It's a microglitter polish comprising lots of silver and gold glitter particles, which actually works beautifully when applied on it's own, as well as over a base colour. These photos are of three coats of Spark de Triomphe worn over Poshe basecoat, and finished off with Poshe topcoat. I did notice a bit of chipping after a few days, but I've been finding that quite common with a lot of glitter polishes. The lovely thing about this polish is it looks silver in some light and gold in others, which makes it very versatile when it comes to matching your wardrobe and accessories to your manicure.

In direct sunlight.

In daylight.

Excuse the wrinkly looking fingers but I had
to put this photo up to show off my matching ring. :P

In daylight.

In daylight.

Under artificial light.

Under artificial light.

As is normal with most glitter polishes, this one is a bit hard to remove but I just soak a cotton pad in nail polish remover, hold it to the nail for a minute or so and then wipe it off, and it does come off relatively easily. It definitely is a gorgeous polish to wear to a party or a special occasion!

Much love,
MM.
x

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Have to check eBay out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You definitely should, you won't regret it! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colour! And your cuticles look so healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful glittery nails! I love a bit of glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous polish! LOVE the ring too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVES IT! Serena knows how to do glam. Glitter is fab always, and worth the extra time it takes to remove. I have a similar one from Hello Darling called 24k. So bling;) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo gorgeous! I want it!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...