Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June Lust Have It Review!

Hi lovelies,

I hope we're all well today! Thank goodness for hump day, the weekend is a short two days away! :)

I want to share my review of the June LHI box, which arrived today! This month's box arrived in a gorgeous little purple bag (think royal purple). Here's what I received in my box this month:

LonVitalite 24K Active Golden Yulan Oil Facial Mask (sample)

LonVitalite 24K Active Gold Full Eye Mask (sample)

Batiste - Blush Dry Shampoo (sample)

Bloom Glitter Eyeliner (full sized) - I received this in Rising Star, which is a black gold sparkle.

Marc Jacobs - Lola perfume sample

Roberto Cavalli perfume sample

On to the photographs:

The purple bag (I think my camera makes it look blue, sorry)!

The goodies!

Information card (click for pricing).

The facial mask, eye mash and Batiste mini dry shampoo.

Roberto Cavalli perfume sample, Marc Jacobs Lola perfume sample,
and Bloom glitter eyeliner.

Swatch of the glitter liner - Rising Star.

So what did I think of this month's samples?

I haven't ever heard of the mask/eye mask brand, LonVitalite, but these masks sound very interesting! I'm guilty of not spending enough time pampering my skin, particularly my eyes, and these masks sound so very luxurious! I'm looking forward to putting aside 30 minutes this weekend to enjoying a little pamper session with these, and who knows, I might discover something amazing!

As for the Batiste dry shampoo, well, I'm pretty sure most of us have used this before, so there isn't much to say about it. Dry shampoo is a staple in my beauty regime, so a cute, travel sized can will never go astray. I also really like the perfume samples, Lola is one of my favourite scents so I don't mind having a small spray in my handbag to freshen up my fragrance, and I haven't tried the Roberto Cavalli, which I'm quite keen to. I only wish we'd received a couple of each of these as one spray vial doesn't last very long!

Now, the item that I found quite interesting, the Bloom glitter eyeliner. I was actually really tempted to get this last month at the Bloom warehouse sale, so let's call it fate that it arrived at my doorstep! I do own another glitter liner from Too Faced, which I use occasionally, and I was quite keen to see how this one compared. This is actually glitter particles suspended in a clear base, so it's actually quite subtle, and you won't end up looking like you have disco balls on your eyelids. I like wearing it just on the outer corner of my upper lashline, over a matching eyeliner. You can also choose to dab some on your eyelashes for a bit of added drama!

Verdict? I quite liked this box! I thought it was great value for money and it's a great way to try some lesser known brands like LonVitalite without having to fork out too much cash. All the items are quite useful, so you do get some use out of it!

I know that some other subscribers were pretty unhappy to get the glitter liner, but it's actually really subtle, so do give it a go and you might find yourself surprised! It's also a really nice way to jazz up some simple eye make up if you're running short of time, I've added some quick EOTD photos below with the glitter liner, so you can see that it's really quite subtle.




If you really don't want to use this on your eyes, you can always use it to do some nail art, as I have demonstrated in the photo below by layering it over dark tips. Think outside the box and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised! Push comes to shove, you can always put a smile on someone's face by giving this away to someone who would appreciate it.

Using the glitter liner for nail art.

Using the glitter liner for nail art.

What did you get in your box, if you're subscribed?

Much love,
MM.
x

15 comments:

  1. Lovely idea putting it on your fingernails! Mine still hasn't arrived yet but I can't wait! Everything looks so good :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with the glitter :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of the glitter liner, even on the eyes, and even more so on the nails. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Coco this looks fabulous! I must say that while some were not happy with this liner with glitter, I would have been happy to get this. It also looks fab on your nails as well. :)

    I received a few different items in my pack and I was quite happy with what I received. I would have also been happy with this pack. Keep those gorgeous eye pictures coming and congrats on the Clinique makeup goodies. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, DD, love, I also love what you got in your pack!

      Delete
  5. Unfortunately my poor super sensitive eyes mean that I won't be trying out the glittery eyeliner I received in my box...my 21 yo daughter will be the very pleased recipient of this! I must say the eyeliner looks much better on than I thought it would. I'm only a little disappointed in this box for no reason other than there are 2 products that I can't use :(. Not because I don't think it's good value - with these things it's just luck of the draw, as I've certainly had many months of boxes where I have happily used everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, poor you...it's good that you can pass it on to her! I have to admit each box is always a bit of a mixed bag, you never know what you're going to get!

      I find that some months it will be awesome and you'll love what you get, and other months you will find it a bit less amazing. Still, hopefully it works out in the long term and you find some products that you wouldn't have found otherwise!

      Delete
  6. I love the glitter - it looks great on your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alison! And thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...