Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Product Review - Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

Hi lovelies!

As per my last post on beauty confessions, I have to confess I'm not big on deep conditioning masks. Why, you ask? Mainly because my hot water supply is limited, and so I can't let something sit on my hair for 5-10 minutes before the water runs out. It also always seems like a bother to pop a mask on, get out of the shower, wrap your head in a towel, and then get back in half an hour later to wash it all off.

Having said that, I do believe in looking after my hair, particularly as it's coloured (although I get semi permanent colour instead of permanent colour, as semi's are more nourishing for your hair). I get the keratin treatment put in every six months, and I always believe in putting heat protective treatments in my hair prior to using a hair dryer. Lately, I've been spoiling my hair with the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment.

In case you haven't seen it before, here's what this little beauty looks like.

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment.
(taken from the Macadamia Hair website)

Now, my hair is in fairly decent condition despite my rare use of deep conditioning treatments. This is in part due to my constant use of hair oils and serums (like Kerastase, Babyliss Argan Oil, etc). Now, the Macadamia healing oil treatment is a great treatment because it's lightweight composition combines the moisturising effects of Macadamia oil with the highly absorbent properties of Argan Oil. The composition is actually quite similar to sebum, the natural oil our own scalp produces, which is allows this oil to infuse into hair and scalp so well.

Here are the benefits as listed on the website:
  • Provides intense nourishment, smoothing and long-lusting, frizz-free finish.
  • Instant absorption and lightweight, non-greasy finish.
  • Reduces colour fading, therefore extending the life of colour treatments.
  • Provides natural UV protection.
  • Reduces drying time by an amazing 40-50%.

Mind you, just the last one alone would've convinced me to try this, as my hair is quite long and thick, and therefore, takes ages to dry! I have to say that I'm really happy with this product, my hair does feel quite silky and kink-free after applying it, and it does seem to decrease the drying time (although I can't say if it really is by 40-50%). I also love the scent, it's hard to describe but it's a light, warm, vanilla fragrance that smells really lovely!

My favourite way of applying this is as a styling product; just apply a small amount (about the size of a five cent piece) to damp, towel dried hair (just the mid to end lengths), before using a hairdryer. When I'm done blow waving, I rub a tiny, pea sized amount between my hands to warm it up, before gently running it down over my hair. This keeps frizz at bay, minimises fly-aways and also gives my hair a lovely shine. I have to agree that it's highly absorbent as I don't find that it weighs my hair down or gives it a greasy look!

You can also use it as a conditioning treatment by applying it overnight or just before washing your hair. Macadamia oil can also be used with colour treatments, either by applying it to your hair prior to the dye application or by adding it directly to the colour mixture to increase absorbency, minimise damage and increase the vitality of the dye.

This oil treatment is part of a full range including the shampoo, conditioner, masque, leave in creme and oil spray, and you can find more information on these products at their website. You can purchase these products in Australia directly from Ry. As pictured above, the oil comes in different sizes (with pricing depending on the size) so you can purchase a small sample to try before deciding if you want to commit to a larger bottle. While it may seem a bit expensive, you have to remember a little goes a very long way, so it actually works out to be very cost effective in the long term!

What hair oils are you currently loving, beauties? Have you ever tried this product?

Have you entered my giveaway yet?

Much love,
MM.
x

Note: This sample of the Macadamia Healing Oil treatment was kindly provided for my consideration. This has not affected my opinion in any way. For more information, please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

10 comments:

  1. Haven't tried this! I used to love Moroccan Oil but after getting a Keratin treatment I found I didn't need to use it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still baby my hair with oils and serums even though I have the keratin treatment in. :)

      Delete
  2. My hairdresser has used this on my hair and I loved it so much that I now own a large bottle (which has lasted me a long time).

    I agree that it doesn't cut drying by that much, but my dry, thick and wavy hair loves it.
    If I'm not using the hairdryer, I tend to only need to use the Leave-In Cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little lasts a long time, doesn't it?! In that sense, it's great value for money!

      I must try the leave in cream one day!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to review Macadamia Natural Oil's Healing Oil Treatment. We're thrilled to see you liked our hair oil. Did you know? You can also mix a bit of the Healing Oil Treatment into your hair color to help the color's longevity and to infuse nourishment into your hair.

    Can't wait to see your future Macadamia Natural Oil reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE this product so much! Great review Made Up Maiden! Please check mine out at http://hiddentreasure21.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am either going to buy the babyliss argon oil or this. but if you had to pick one ( not worrying about money ) witch one would you choose ???? <3
    please reply xx Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both and alternate between them, but it does depend in your hair quality. If yours is fine, the Argan oil might be better, it's a bit lighter than the macadamia oil. They are both excellent though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting topic, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...