Sunday, April 1, 2012

Salon Melbourne - Haul

Hello lovelies!


This is going to be an abbreviated post as I have been out all day and I'm exhausted! I spent a few hours today with the lovely Miss V at Salon Melbourne, which is a hair and beauty event for professionals. It's usually an invite only event but we were invited in as media, due to our beauty blogging. It was held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and there were some truly fabulous things to see! Some really big brands like Zoya, OPI, Minx, Vani-T, Gorgeous Cosmetics, Bodyography, Moroccanoil, and many, many others were exhibiting at the event...so it was really hard not to get carried away!

My media pass! It had my name (which I blocked out)
and my blog name. This brings me back to when
 I used to write for a newspaper about 10 years ago!

It was so crowded, they had actually closed the parking lot, so I had to park some distance away and walk in. After a few hours spent walking around the booths and watching the shows, I was quite exhausted. Add on a couple of hours afterwards spent visiting with family and running chores, and I got home almost feeling like I'd done a marathon!

So I've decided to do a quick post today to share my Salon Melbourne haul, and then I'll spend some time over the next couple of days writing about what I saw and sharing some photos! I may have gone a bit overboard with the shopping...I don't really regret most of the things I purchased, but I may have gone a wee bit overboard with the nail polishes. Still, I'm actually going to be giving some away as gifts, etc, so I don't feel too badly about it. I basically stocked up on stuff that I use really often, or stuff that I find pretty expensive/hard to get in Melbourne.

So here's what I got:

Minx nail stickers. I've always wanted to try these, so I was quick to snap up two metallic designs after a quick trial. They were so popular, a lot of the styles were sold out!

My Minx nail stickers.

88 shimmer/pearl eyeshadow palette from Crown Brushes. I'm not sure which brand they're from as there isn't one listed on the palette, but it does have pretty good pigmentation, so I figured it was well worth the $25 price tag!

Look out for more EOTDs coming soon!

Another view because it's just so pretty! 

Stocking up on Babyliss Argan Oil. This stuff is amazing (it's so moisturising and it smells fantastic)! We also got given a free acrylic trial kit by someone as we were passing by her stall.



Vani-T matte mineral lipstick. I have to confess, part of the reason I had to get this is because the packaging is just so...bling! I actually have a matching bracelet and ring that a very dear friend gave me for my birthday last year. I'll be sure to post a photo of it tomorrow to compare.

Also, this lipstick has a gorgeous colour, fantastic pigmentation and unlike most matte lippies, a really soft, creamy texture. I've decided this brand has the cutest things, it's just so girly! Even their paper bag is gorgeous, matte black with metallic gold embossing.

Vani-T mineral lipstick. 

It's a gorgeous matte red, but it feels really creamy on!

Zoya...sigh, I totally went overboard here. I've been wanting some Zoya polishes for a while now but they're pretty hard to find in Melbourne, and quite expensive besides. I picked up a whopping 11 polishes from this brand. I will admit that some of these are gifts, but I still think I got a wee bit carried away. They had some really good deals, where you could buy six polishes and pick two free ones, so Miss V and I split the bill and got four polishes each. We each also picked up a set of six polishes from a Zoya collection. I ended up with Cheryl, Julieanna, Edyta, Karina, Carrie Ann and Kym from the Wicked collection, and Valerie, Arielle, Dree and Divincia for my individual picks. I also picked up Holly for $3 on special. Apologies for the photo quality, the lighting in my flat is atrocious!

The top six are from the Wicked collection, and the lower five
were randomly selected because I loved them!

The OPI booth was a madhouse. Literally. There were so many girls crowding it, you could barely make out the polishes, much less buy any! I did manage to pick up one polish, Pedal Faster, Suzi, for $10, a pretty pale pink with microglitter. I also stocked up on Drip Dry Drops (which I cannot live without), and they came with a free bottle of Dim Sum Plum.


Well, that pretty much sums up my haul! I did score some terrific deals, but I can tell you that my bank account really isn't too happy with me right now!

 I leave you with a complete photo of what it all looked like!

The complete haul!

Much love,
MM.
x

8 comments:

  1. Ooh pretty. I have a pallet very similar to that and it's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That palette looks spectacular! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, nice! Lovely things you got! Have fun with the palette, so handy for trying different colours :) Looking forward to your gorgeous EOTDs! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool:) I hope you had a great time and I love the haul. Thanks for sharing X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caitlin, it is indeed! I have been playing with it already!

    Elunia, despite being quite cheap and without a brand, they apply pretty well!

    Su, coming right up! I just wish it had more purples in it!

    Ingrid, you're welcome, and much more to come!

    Thank you all for your support, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haulage! And yes, hopefully can go next year together :))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I can't wait to see some reviews! You got some amazing things. I love the palette. And the lipstick is to die for!!! So pretty :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ling, sounds like a deal!

    Amy, I am very happy with my haul! I've been experimenting a fair bit with the palette and very happy so far! I haven't been well this weekend so I've been home since Thursday night, but I'm looking forward to wearing that lipstick out soon!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...